We were thinking about blogging the perfect BBQ but considering the weathers a bit miserable at the moment we thought we’d go all traditional and write about the tasty punjabi delicacy that is Creamy Butter Chicken.
Spicy, warm and oozing with butter, this rainy day delight goes perfect with homemade chapatti or naan bread. It is slightly calorific but we assure you that you will have no regrets once you taste this dish!
Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
You won’t be disappointed!
You will need to follow our tandoori chicken recipe for this dish. Press on the link below.
Creamy Tomato Gravy
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp cardamom, crushed
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1 tsp salt (to taste)
2 tbsp tomato puree
284ml single cream
1 tbsp milk
3/4 tbsp sugar
Coriander to garnish
1. Follow The perfect Tandoori Chicken recipe. See the link above. This can be done a few hours in advance. Once the chicken is cooked, set aside and proceed to make the spicy tomato sauce below
2. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add the oil, butter, cardamom and cinnamon stick and fry for 20 seconds then add the onions, ginger/garlic paste and salt. Sauté for 5-7 mins on a medium heat until they take on a light brown colour.
3. Add the chilli powder (optional), garam masala powder and coriander powder along with the tomato puree. Stir well and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Gradually add the single cream stirring continuously to mix all the spices with the cream. Add the milk and sugar then allow to simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the roasted chicken and stir to coat each piece.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve with fresh naan bread or chapati.